400 Free 90-Minute On-Street Parking Spaces!
Here are some quick parking tips that are good to know and that will save you time and money.
- Your first 15 minutes are free at 30-minute yellow-domed meters, if the meter is at 0:00. Just push the button. Remember to wait for the time to register before paying the meter.
- Parking All Day? Look for green-domed meters. They offer up to ten hours of parking at a discounted rate.
- Did you know that if you receive an expired meter violation notice and have not had one in the last six months, it can be waived?
- Parking meters may be available near your destination. They are FREE after 5 p.m. on weekdays and all day Saturday, Sunday, and holidays.
- Look for one of the 280 spaces that have 90-minute free parking. These areas are enforced from 6 a.m. - 6 p.m., except Sunday and holidays.
- Please note, per City Ordinances, there is no on-street parking in the City of Kalamazoo from 2 a.m. - 6 a.m. unless otherwise signed.
- The Kalamazoo Mall parking ramp, Epic Center parking ramp, and Parking Lot #1, located at Edwards Street and South Street, currently accept debit/credit card payments. We hope to provide this service in all our ramps and lots in the future.
- Always make sure that your car is safely locked.
- Do not leave valuable items visible in the car.
- Keep in mind the level number where you’ve parked your vehicle. This will help you to find your car easily when you return.
In an effort to make your experience with downtown parking more convenient, the following pay online options are available: