How should community members be directed if they desire to file a complaint about graffiti?
-Please inform citizens that they can either fill out a ‘Service Request’ form at CP&D located at 415 Stockbridge, download this form from the CP&D webpage (www.kalamazoocity.org/applications-forms-permits ) or call the nuisance hotline at 337-8221.
How are graffiti complaints or observations of field personnel to be routed?
- Graffiti located on Private Property → Direct to CP&D at 337-8026 or emailed to CP&D at email@example.com
- Graffiti located in the right-of-way or on Public Property ↓
- Sign, traffic signals, sidewalks, or other equipment in the right-of-way (owned by AT&T, Charter Communications, Consumers Energy, MDOT or Railroads) → Direct to Public Services - Joe Stark. Email is preferred firstname.lastname@example.org or call 337-8436. PLEASE note if priority removal is needed (examples: profanity, offensive or gang-related)
- Bus shelters, bus stop signage → Direct to Metro dispatch at 337-8694.
- City Parks → Direct to Parks & Rec. at 337-8191
- Festival Site, Downtown Mall or Arcadia Creek Linear Park → Direct to DKI at 344-0795
The goal for responding and removing graffiti is three to seven days. Obviously, private property graffiti cases will take longer as a result of giving owners the right to due process, which means providing them notice of the violations and time to remove the graffiti.