JOBS & INTERNSHIP
JOB DESCRIPTION: EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
Downtown Kalamazoo Incorporated (DKI) is seeking energetic, detail oriented, well-organized Executive Assistant/Receptionist. This position will provide support services to the President and other management staff as needed. This a fulltime salaried position. Pay range starts at $12/hour.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIES:
· Responsible for Board and Committee agendas and minutes, maintenance of Board books, and preparation of orientation binders.
· Prepares and coordinates necessary documents, photocopying, and assembly of documents for various meetings.
· Emails or places phone and conference calls for meeting reminders.
· Maintain DKI calendar and coordinate meetings and appointments for DKI staff.
· Answer phones and refer calls to appropriate staff, city department, or other organization, serving as an information resource for Downtown Kalamazoo.
· Greet visitors and direct to appropriate staff person, city department, or other business or organization and serve as information resource for Downtown Kalamazoo.
· Provides support services to the President as well as other staff as necessary.
· Computer knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Photoshop.
· IT knowledge a plus- phones, computers, web, printers, and copiers.
· Maintain office supplies, equipment, and meeting supplies
· Assist with administration of Downtown Dollar program.
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong organizational skills a must.
· Must be detail oriented and have strong time-management, proof reading, and writing skills.
· Ability to handle questions/complaints in a professional manner.
· Strong typing skills. Minimum of (60) words/minute.
· Ability to sit and work at a computer for long periods
· Driver’s License
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 16, 2016
Resume and Cover letter may be submitted to:
141 East Michigan Avenue, Suite 501
Kalamazoo, MI 49007