TRANSPORTATION, PARKING, AND MOBILITY
Mission Statement: To work with downtown businesses, customers, property owners, the City of Kalamazoo and Ampco System Parking, to further develop the parking system into a resource for economic development in a fiscally responsible manner. To prepare and implement a Five-Year Parking Plan that promotes improved customer service, technology and revenue enhancements.
Visit the Five Year Transportation Parking and Mobility Plan page here.
DKI’s Parking Committee has been a very proactive downtown support organization since its inception in 1989. Today the Parking Committee is working on the following initiatives:
- Completeion of a variety of annual maintenance improvements to the ramps and lots to protect customer safety.
- Upgrading technology in the Arcadia Creek Parking Ramp off of Eleanor St. as part of the Five Year Parking Plan.
- Construction of a new crosswalk enclosure connecting the Kalamazoo Mall Ramp to the Kalamazoo city Centre.
- Entering into a new partnership with WMU to operate a new 208 space parking lot on the former Cole/Gilmore site at Park St. and Kalamazoo Ave.
- Work on the planning and redevelopment of the Lot #9 Haymarket Parking Lot on E. Water St. in conjunction with the renovation of the 100 Block of E. Michigan Ave. (Metropolitan Center Project)
- Implement new plan for on-street parking and loading zones for business and customers along Farmers Alley
Keystone Community Bank
City of Kalamazoo
Millennium Restaurant Group
Downtown Resident / Southwest Michigan Business Development Center
Chris Shook, Chair
Jim Gilmore Enterprises
Park Trades Center